The cherry pit cushion should be heated up in the microwave for a maximum of 2.5 minutes at 700 W. Adjust the heating time if your microwave uses a different power level.
Power in Watts Heating time 700 W Max. 2.5 min. 800 W Max. 2 min. 900 W Max. 1.5 min. 1,000 W Max. 1 min.
12 steps for using your cherry pit cushion in the right way
1) Make sure that the microwave is clean and
fat free before heating up the cherry pit
2) Check the power level of the microwave.
3) Set the heating time according to the
power level of the microwave as shown in
the table above.
4) Remove all covers or towels from around
5) Moisten the cherry pit cushion with water.
It is better for the cushion to be too wet
than too dry!
6) Put the cushion on a plate in the middle of
the microwave. Make sure that the cushion
is not touching the sides of the microwave
and that the turntable is not blocked.
7) Make sure that no other functions, such
as the grill or hot air, are switched on at
the same time. Always remove any grating
from the microwave before heating up the
8) Stay near to the microwave when you are
heating the cushion and keep an eye on
the heating time.
9) Turn the cushion over halfway through the
10) Check the temperature of the cushion
before using it, both when used for heating
and cooling. Before use, fluff up the pillow.
11) Never reheat the cushion immediately
after heating it.
12) Wait at least two hours before heating the
cushion again and check that it has cooled
off properly before doing
Cover: 100% cotton Filling: 100% cherry pits
Read the following instructions carefully before
using the cherry pit cushion and make sure that
you adhere to these to guarantee safety and a
great deal of pleasure in using Hittepit®.
Following the instructions will prevent fire and
other damage due to overheating and drying
• This product is only suitable for the
• Hittepit® is not suitable for use in beds of
cots. Do not use under covers or a duvet.
• Do not allow children or persons without
experience to heat up the cushion.
• Select the right power and warming up
time in the microwave carefully
• Keep to the instructions and the 12 steps
• Prevent the cherry pit cushion from drying
out by moistening it with water each time
before use. It is better for the cushion to
be too wet than too dry!
• The working of the microwave spreads the
heat evenly from the inside to the outside.
Because of this the cherry pit cushion
does not feel warm to the touch when you
first take it out of the microwave. Shake
the cushion and you will notice that it
really is warm.
• Every microwave can have hotspots. Turn
the cushion around halfway through the
heating time to ensure the best possible
distribution of energy and even heating.
• Allow the cushion to cool down for two
hours before it can be heated up again.
• Do not use the cherry pit cushion
any more if it has been damaged by
overheating or other misuse.
• Exceeding the warming up time or using a
power level that is too high (watts) will not
result in heat being given out for longer
but can lead to damage by scorching or
• This cushion must never be used
unsupervised by and for babies and
children or persons with limited reactions.
• Do not use if there are symptoms of
Persons with diabetes, blood circulation,
sensorial or neurological problems or
people who are sensitive to temperatures
should not use this product.
• Do not use Hittepit® as a substitute for
• Always keep these instructions for use
together with your cherry pit cushion
• Do not wash the cushion in the washing
• If Hittepit® has become dirty, for example
by fat, then it is damaged and should no
longer be used. Throw the cushion away
• If the pillow is used intensively, it should
regularly be replaced with a new one.