So, you’ve accidentally cut your hand and all you can find is some out-of-date antiseptic cream and a plaster that has seen better days. If this sounds like a familiar scene in your household, it may be time to stock up on our list of first aid essentials. Take a look at our handy checklist so you’re ready for any at-home emergencies.
First aid kit checklist
- Alcohol-free cleansing wipes
- Antihistamine tablets for allergic reactions
- Antiseptic cream
- Cough medicine such as Sambucol
- Crêpe rolled bandages to treat muscle strains and sprains
- Disposable sterile gloves
- A digital thermometer
- Distilled water for cleaning wounds
- Eye wash and eye bath
- Insect bite or sting relief cream
- Painkillers including infant Paracetamol for children
- Plasters in a variety of different sizes and shapes
- Safety pins to secure bandages and slings
- Skin rash cream, such as calendula
- Sterile gauze dressings in a range of sizes
- Medical sticky tape for keeping bandages and dressings in place
- Triangular bandages used as slings to support arm injuries
- Two sterile eye dressings
Now you’ve gathered your kit together, you’re prepared to care for your family’s first aid needs.
Remember to store your first aid kid in a cool, dry place out of reach of children, taking care to check use-by dates. You may also find it handy to keep a basic first aid manual on hand so you’re able to tend to any minor injuries or ailments.
Shop our Natural Beauty range.