Vegan ❘ 351 kcal ❘ 20g protein ❘ 37g carbohydrate (of which 7.5g sugars) ❘ 14g fat (of which 1.5g saturates) ❘ 12g fibre ❘ 1.8g salt
Good for: A light lunch bursting with flavour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 turnip, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 160g baby button mushrooms, halved
- 220g green lentils
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Handful almonds
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the carrot, celery, onion and turnip. Leave to cook until softened, approximately six or seven minutes. Then add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lentils to the pan, before pouring in the stock and adding the baby leaf, rosemary and thyme. Bring the mixture to the boil for a short while, then lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Shortly before this time is up, take a second pan and place on a medium heat, frying the almonds in a small splash of olive oil. Pour on the cinnamon as they cook. Then add the cherry tomatoes and stir through until warm.
- Serve up the stew, adding the tomatoes and almonds on top.
Shop our Food and Drink range.