For a sweet finale to Bonfire Night, try this maple and white chocolate cheesecake.
With comfort food flavours of maple syrup and white chocolate and base of gluten-free biscuits, it will please anyone with a sweet tooth. And it just happens to be gluten-free too.
Decorate with berries, and don’t forget the sparklers!
Serves: 8 to 10
• 250g gluten-free biscuits, such as Gluten-free Hobnobs
• 100g butter
• 50ml maple syrup
• 400g white chocolate, broken into chunks
• 460g cream cheese
• A small pinch of salt
• Blackberries and raspberries for topping
1. Grease and line the base of a spring-form 20cm (8”) cake tin and grease the sides.
2. In a food processor, blitz the biscuits until they are crumbed.
3. Melt the butter and then combine the two to form the base mixture.
4. Tip this mixture into the cake tin and use a spoon to even out and push down the base to compact.
5. Transfer to the fridge to cool and set.
6. Meanwhile, prep the cheesecake mixture. Melt the white chocolate completely in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water.
7. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the maple syrup and small pinch of salt.
8. Fold in the melted chocolate carefully and then pour the mixture into the cake tin, on top of the biscuit base.
9. Smooth over with a spoon and place in the fridge to firm up for at least 30 minutes.
10. Once the cheesecake topping has firmed up to the consistency of firm peanut butter, run a warm palette knife around the inside edge of the cake tin to release the cheesecake.
11. Remove it from the tin and place on a platter or board. Top with blackberries, raspberries and sparklers if it is a special occasion.
12. Serve immediately, and keep any leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
Shop our Food and Drink range.