You might not realise it but there are many foods out there, some common and some less so, which can help you shed those pounds. From creepy crawlies to weird and wonderful fruits, here’s a look at a few of them:
- Sea Kelp – you may not have even heard of it, but sea kelp is a natural supplement which may help you to lose weight. It’s bursting with nutrients and is a source of vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D and E. It also contains iodine which contributes to a healthy metabolism, which in turn may lead to healthy weight loss.
- Green Tea – one of the healthiest beverages you can drink, green tea is full of caffeine and flavonoids which may increase your metabolism and contribute to weight loss. Drinking just two cups a day can have a positive impact on your metabolism, so it really is quite effortless…and delicious.
- Mangosteen – mangosteen is an Indonesian fruit not commonly found gracing the fresh produce aisles of our grocery stores. That’s a shame, as mangosteen is packed with chemical compounds, known as xanthones, which have fat-burning properties.
- Apple cider vinegar – apple cider vinegar isn’t just a delicious way of seasoning your salad; it might also be one of the single most potent fat-burning foodstuffs on earth. Studies have shown that apple cider vinegar eaten with a high-carb meal increases feelings of fullness, leading to around 200 fewer calories being eaten that day. It’s also been shown to promote weight loss independently and improve insulin sensitivity.
- Kimchi – kimchi is a Korean food created from fermented cabbage. As well as being high in certain key nutrients such as vitamin K2, it’s also actively been shown to promote fat loss and improve metabolic parameters in those who are overweight.