Argan oil hair mask
Protect your hair against the elements – and create a deep moisturising treatment filled with natural oils, perfect for keeping your hair silky soft whatever the weather conditions. Simple to make in just three easy steps, use the correct amount and smooth onto hair to create a beautiful healthy sheen.
You will need:
- 2 tsp argan oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 or 4 drops of lavender essential oil (optional for scent…if you want to smell as good as you look)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp epsom salt
- Add the apple cider vinegar, honey, Argan oil and Epsom salt to a mixing bowl and whisk until blended well.
- Then add 3 or 4 drops of the fragrant lavender essential oil to help soothe and calm your hair and scalp.
- Give your mixture a stir and apply to your hair and scalp.
- Leave the mixture on for around half an hour, giving the ingredients enough time to work their magic. Then rinse and wash your hair with water and shampoo/conditioner as normal.
Argan oil is an essential ingredient for your hair routine and is the ‘liquid gold’ for your hair. As well as being useful for a soothing mask treatment, why not use Argan oil on your skin, lips and nails and restore that natural glow!
Coconut oil vanilla lip balm
Give your lips some au naturel treat this winter, with a homemade coconut oil vanilla lip balm to make your lips the softest they’ve ever been. This super easy recipe will leave your lips feeling moisturised and hydrated. Soothe your lips by creating the perfect remedy and following the five easy steps below.
You will need:
- 1 tbsp shea butter
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 1 ½ tbsp beeswax
- ½ tsp vanilla essential oil
- 400-450ml lip balm tubes or containers
- Start off by melting the shea butter, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, vanilla essential oil and beeswax in a pot over heat. Whisk all of these ingredients together.
- Take the pipette and divide this mixture into the tubes or containers, filling them to the top.
- Ensure that you are continuously stirring the mixture in the bowl whilst you fill the tubes, to ensure that the ingredients don’t separate.
- Leave the balms to set for 12 hours, making sure you leave the caps off.
- Finally be as creative as you wish and label the tubes.