If you’re after something zesty, zingy and super scrummy these mini lemon meringue pies are just the ticket. Just as fun to make as they are to eat…
For the Crust
- 145 grams almond flour
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 6 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
For the Lemon Curd
- 4 large egg and 1 extra yolk
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 100g butter
For the Meringue
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees / Gas Mark 6. Combine the crust ingredients. Line a muffin tin with circles of greaseproof paper. Spoon the crust ingredients into the muffin tin and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden. Reduce oven heat to 180 degree / Gas Mark 4.
- Fill a pan with water and bring to boil over high heat. Melt the butter in a heatproof bowl over the pan of water, then add the eggs, maple syrup, lemon zest and lemon juice, whisking constantly for 10 to 15 minutes until the curd thickens.
- Top each mini crust with lemon curd – but don’t allow this to cool too much before the next stage…
- Mix egg whites over the same pan on low heat with a hand mixer for 3 minutes. Add the maple syrup and continue to beat for 4 more minutes. Stiff peaks will form and it will become opaque. Spoon over lemon filling.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
Shop our Food and Drink range.