If your morning wouldn’t be complete without a cup of coffee from your favourite coffee shop, why not try making your own? You could end up beating the baristas at their own game!
Here are five great vegan-friendly recipe ideas that not only taste delicious but are a healthy alternative to shop-bought coffee drinks:
Vegan skinny vanilla late
- 1 cup of ice
- ½ cup cold coffee
- ½ cup of coconut and almond milk
- Find your favourite glass
- Add the coffee and ice
- Pour the almond milk
Mocha spinach smoothie
- 1 cup of cold black coffee (left in the fridge overnight)
- 150ml organic almond milk
- 2 tbsp. vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 chunks spinach, frozen
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- Pour the coffee and milk into a blender.
- Add the protein powder, spinach and banana. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a cup and top with chia seeds.
Coffee and banana smoothie
- 300ml organic almond milk
- 125g organic Japanese tofu, drained
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1 tbsp. crystallised coconut blossom nectar
- 3 ice cubes
- Pour the milk into a blender with the tofu, banana, espresso powder, sugar and ice cubes.
- Blend until the smoothie is frothy.
- Pour into glasses to serve. Why not add some dried banana chips for decoration?
Vegan Café au Lait
- 1 cup cashew milk, hot
- 1 heaped tsp. high quality instant coffee
- Vegan sweetener, such as stevia
- Add the coffee to the cup of hot milk and stir well.
- Add some sweetener to your liking if required.
- 1 cup cold black coffee (left in the fridge overnight)
- 3 ice cubes made from organic almond milk
- Nutri-Nick Caramel Stevia Drops
- In a blender, blend the coffee with the ice cubes and a few dashes of caramel.
- Pour into a glass or cup. Add more caramel to make it even more indulgent.
We hope you have a go at making a couple of these coffee drinks during Coffee Week! Why not make a nutritious treat such as vegan nutty chocolate brownies or vegan cranberry and almond breakfast bars to go with them, too?
Shop our Food and Drink range.