- Cream from 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pomegranate seeds, orange zest and pistachios to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees C and line a small/medium cake tin.
- Combine the milk and cider vinegar and set aside.
- Cream together the coconut oil, coconut sugar and maple syrup in a mixing bowl. Crack in the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and scrape the vanilla from the vanilla pod. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and slowly stir in the milk until you have a cake batter consistency.
- Transfer this into your cake tin and bake in the oven for around 27-30 minutes. To make sure the cake is cooked, use a skewer or cake tester and if this comes out clean then your cake should be done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, remove the cream part from the can of coconut milk and whisk this until it appears slightly whipped. Note: this usually doesn’t have the same thickness as ordinary whipped cream and is a little runnier. Add in the maple syrup and whisk again.
- Once your cake is cool, poor over the juices and allow to soak into the cake. Spread the cream evenly over the top and sprinkle with orange zest, crushed pistachios and pomegranate seeds.
Follow on social media: