Who else loves warm winter food? When the weather is colder, there’s nothing better than having a meal that is filling and delicious.
Niki Webster from Rebel Recipes has created this hearty butternut squash, lentil and spinach curry that we know you’ll love. It’s healthy and packed full of goodness.
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- Inch knob of ginger – peeled
- Bunch fresh coriander including the stalks
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 squash, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup organic red lentils, rinsed well
- 3 cups water
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh coriander for garnish.
- Add all the paste ingredients into a mini chopper and blitz until you get a smooth paste.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pan then cook the paste on low heat in a for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan, soften the tomatoes for 5 minutes (add a little water if it’s too dry).
- Add in the lentils & squash and mix well to combine, add 3 cups of water and bring to the boil
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, then add the spinach.
- Simmer for a further 5-10 minutes until the squash is cooked then add in the coconut yogurt.
- Season and serve topped with coriander.
Serves 4: Energy: 317kcal, Fat: 7.7g, Carbs: 42g, Protein: 14.8g, Salt: <1g, Sugar: 12.4g
Niki Webster is an award-winning plant-based blogger and holistic health coach. Niki creates recipes that are gluten free, refined sugar free and plant based. She finds that a light, natural diet makes her feel her best, and after trying her recipes yourself, we’re sure you’ll agree. Discover more from Niki on her rebelrecipes.com