Winter warmers are something we can’t get enough of during the colder months, especially when they’re as delicious as this spiced sweet potato soup.
Niki Webster from Rebel Recipes has created this delicious meal that is easy to prepare and will be loved by the whole family.
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Thumb size ginger, grated
- 2 pints veg stock
- 2 small or 1 large sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1-2 tbsp chunky peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Twist black pepper
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Juice 1/2 lime
- In a large saucepan fry the onions on a medium heat in the coconut oil for 8-10 minutes until soft, add the spices, garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute.
- Add the veg stock and then add the sweet potatoes to the saucepan. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blitz the soup with a hand blender or food processor until you have the consistency you like. You can add some more water at this stage if it’s too thick for you.
- Finally add the peanut butter, chilli flakes, tamari, lime juice and season well. Stir to combine.
To take this soup to the next level, Niki recommends you top it with more chilli flakes, coriander and toasted peanuts. This recipe will store well, so make a big batch and have it for your lunches through the week.
Recipe Serves 4: Energy: 279kcal, Fat: 11.9g, Carbs: 33.6g, Protein: 6.2g, Salt: 2.2g, Sugar: 14.3g
Niki Webster is an award-winning plant-based blogger and holistic health coach. Niki creates recipes that are gluten free, refined sugar free and plant based. She finds that a light, natural diet makes her feel her best, and after trying her recipes yourself, we’re sure you’ll agree. Discover more from Niki on her rebelrecipes.com