Suitable for Vegetarian
Nutrients per serving:
Good for: Light and delicious take away alternative
- 250g flat rice noodles
- 300g firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cut into cubes
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced
- 6 spring onions halved and thinly sliced
- 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, plus extra for serving
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g beansprouts
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Handful coriander leaves
1. Cook the noodles as suggested by the manufacturer. Mix the lime juice, tamarind and sweet chili sauce together in a small bowl and set to one side.
2. Heat some vegetable oil in a non-stick wok and fry the tofu for 7 minutes, stirring often until golden on all sides. Set this to one side.
3. Add more oil to the pan and cook the asparagus in it until it softens. Then throw in the spring onions, beansprouts and garlic, cooking for a few minutes more. Add the drained noodles, sauce mixture and a pinch of salt.
4. Mix in the tofu and heat through. Serve with the coriander and lime wedges.
Discover more easy and nutritious recipe ideas
Shop our Food & Drink range.