Say goodbye to toast and cereal as once you’ve tried these delicious cranberry and almond breakfast bars there’ll be no going back. Made using Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg, they not only taste great but they give you an energy boost and count towards your 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
- 2 tbsp. Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
- 75ml almond milk, chilled
- 110g vegan butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 210g gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 85g organic crystallised coconut nectar
- 200g unsweetened apple puree
- 160g cranberry nut crunch (cranberries, macadamias and almonds)
- 100g dairy free chocolate drops
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and lightly oil an 8″ x 8″ square pan.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl, combine the all purpose flour with the salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Leave to one side.
Step 3: In another bowl, mix the Vegan Egg with the almond milk before adding the butter and sugar.
Step 4: Whisk and add the apple puree, vanilla extract and orange extract. You want the mixture to be as light and fluffy as possible.
Step 5: Pour in the dry ingredients that you kept to one side. Blend together until you have a smooth batter.
Step 6: Mix in the dairy free chocolate drops and cranberry nut crunch.
Step 7: Pour the mixture into the square pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Step 8: Leave to cool on a wire rack before slicing into individual bars. Store in an airtight container.