This moist and flavoursome cake is so scrummy that it could quickly become a firm favourite in your home. It uses Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg which is a gluten, cholesterol and allergen free egg replacer.
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
- 75ml almond milk, chilled (to mix with the vegan egg)
- 2 tbsp almond milk, optional
- 115g vegan butter, softened
- 250g gluten free plain flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 160ml molasses
- 65g organic crystallised coconut nectar
- 200g unsweetened apple puree
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and line a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the plain flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, ginger, and salt together. Leave to one side.
- In a measuring jug, mix the vegan egg with the almond milk and stir.
- Pour the egg mixture into a mixing bowl containing the coconut sugar and vegan butter.
- Add the dry mixture that you kept to one side, along with the apple puree and molasses.
- Blend everything together and add 2 tbsp of almond milk if needed to create a thick batter.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before adding frosting if you wish.
Shop Food & Drink