Mrs Crimble’s Bread Mix
15g (1 tablespoon) vegetable oil
300ml (1/2 pint) tepid water
7g sachet dry yeast or 15g fresh yeast
900g/2lb non-stick loaf tin
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C (for fan assisted ovens) / 420°F / Gas Mark 6-7.
2. To a mixing bowl add the Mrs Crimble’s Bread Mix then add the water, yeast and oil.
3. Mix well with a food mixer or wooden spoon for 1 – 2 minutes until smooth.
4. Spoon into a well-greased, lined, non-stick loaf tin and spread evenly.
5. Leave in a warm, draught free place to rise for 30 – 45 minutes until doubled in size.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 – 35 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little before removing from the tin.
Oven temperatures and cooking times may vary. These instructions are given as a guide only.
Using a bread making machine:
Use the recipe above and select the gluten free settings according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use cool tap water rather than tepid water.
Cornflour, rice flour, potato starch, maize flour, sugar, soya flour, psyllium fibre, salt, maltodextrin, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, stabilisers: guar gum & xanthan gum, raising agents: disodium diphosphate & sodium bicarbonate.
For allergens, see ingredients in bold
May contain traces of nuts.
Although we take every reasonable precaution to ensure that product information is accurate, we are reliant on information from the manufacturers and suppliers. Ingredients and place of manufacture can change; and products may be manufactured or stored in an environment where allergens are present. You must check all packaging and labels carefully on each occasion before consuming/using the products to ensure they are free from the allergens you are avoiding.