Protein bars are a great way to get more protein into your diet. They can also be a tasty way to enjoy a treat even when you are committed to following a healthy eating plan. Browse our range of protein bars from leading brand names in sports nutrition to find the one you'll enjoy most.
Benefits of protein bars
Protein bars are a convenient, portable and tasty way to help meet your protein nutrition requirements during the day. Ideal for busy days when you’re on the go or for keeping in your gym bag, locker or even in your desk drawer. You can always have a protein bar or two on hand for times when a protein shake just isn't convenient, or for when you fancy a treat but still want to stick to your goals.
You'll find a wide range of delicious and nutritious protein bars here, from leading protein brands who use quality ingredients. Choose the protein bar which suits your goals:
- Protein and carbohydrate energy bars
- Low sugar protein bars
- Vegan and vegetarian protein bars
- Protein bars
- Treat or cheat day protein bars
- Post-workout protein bars
- Diet protein bars
Holland & Barrett loves helping you meet your sport and fitness goals with quality protein products at fair prices. Browse our range to find your favourite protein bar, or discover something different to try.
Improve your performance with protein bars!
Boost your energy levels and support your muscle mass with our range of tasty protein bars. They’re a perfect post-workout pick-me-up or a nutritious snack to eat in between meals if you’re trying to gain weight. What’s more, our high protein bars come packed with ingredients which are designed to support an active lifestyle.
Shop our complete range of low protein bars from all the top sports nutrition brands below, including Optimum Protein, PhD and Quest Nutrition. Choose from brilliant bars containing energy-boosting whey powder and creatine. Or, go for an all-natural vegan protein bar that’s made from 100% plant-based ingredients.
We stock bars in a variety of delicious flavours. Try chocolate, vanilla, or even birthday cake protein bars when you shop here. You’re bound to find an option that pleases your body and your taste buds!
Protein bars are a better choice than traditional chocolate bars, flapjacks or treats due to the protein content. They are made with ingredients which will help you meet your goals, rather than take you away from them; protein powder, natural sweeteners and carbohydrates, and they tend to be lower in fat and added sugars than less healthy choices.
Snacking on the protein bars is both a delicious way of adding more protein into your diet. Wondering why you might need additional protein? Well, it could be because you:
- Need some extra energy to exercise – protein bars pack in the calories, giving you the energy to complete a workout routine.
- Want to build up muscle mass quickly – proteins are the building blocks of muscle, so eating protein bars could help you increase your muscle mass at a faster rate.
- Are trying to lose weight and want to stave off hunger pangs – some research shows that having a lot of protein in your diet can help curb your
- Want to improve muscle repair after an intense workout – the tissues in our muscles can get damaged when we exercise. Protein can help lower your recovery time and reduce the likelihood of muscle-related injuries.
- Are trying to gain weight – if you’re trying to gain weight, you need to consume more calories than you can burn. Protein bars are typically calorie-dense, which means one a day could boost your calorie intake without you having to eat lots of food.
Whether you go for a low carb protein bar or something which properly packs in the protein, you’ll find they’re made from a variety of different protein sources. This includes high-protein dairy products such as whey and casein through to plant-based ingredients like soy or pea protein, whole grains, dried fruit, nuts and seeds. The best protein bars for your body contain no added sugar, so always check the ingredients list before you buy.
When to eat a protein bar is entirely down to your individual needs. Depending on the reason you’ve decided to incorporate them into your diet, you might want to try snacking on a protein bar:
- Mid to late morning to up your energy levels and keep you sated until lunchtime.
- After you workout to help repair any muscle tissues which may have been torn and to make your muscles stronger.
- Before you workout to give you a little boost of energy which could make all the difference to your physical performance and stamina.