Most people can’t help but overindulge at Christmas. It’s all too tempting to put your hand in a tin of Roses while you’re having a cup of tea and munch away. Three chocolates have approximately 160 calories
and it can be easy to eat six or more in one sitting. To try to help, we’re sharing our healthy biscotti recipe. Containing less than 90 calories each, they’re simply delicious and can still provide chocoholics with a sugar fix.
Dark chocolate and ginger biscotti
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using an electric whisk, mix the egg with the sugar until fluffy. Add the rapeseed oil and vanilla extract and combine.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt using a low setting on the electric whisk.
- Fold in the chocolate, ginger and walnuts before dividing the dough and making two sausage shapes.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 20 mins before taking out of the oven to cool. Turn the oven down to 160˚C.
- Cut into diagonal slices half an inch thick and place them back onto the baking tray. Bake for a further ten minutes on each side. Put on a wire rack to cool before serving with a mug of steaming tea or coffee!
Shop our Christmas Cooking & Baking