These classic gingerbread biscuits use the festive warmth of ginger and cinnamon to make a mouth-watering cookie with just the right amount of crunch. If you’re baking for kids, cut these biscuits into gingerbread-men shapes.
1) Mix the flours, xanthan gum, spices and bicarbonate of soda in a food processor.
2) Add the butter and blend again to a breadcrumb texture. Stir in the sugar and mix again.
3) Add the syrup and egg, combing the mix until a dough forms. Tip it onto a floured surface (use rice flour) and knead to make a dough ball. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4) Roll the dough out and cut the biscuits into circles, stars, or gingerbread men. Place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake at 180˚C for 10-12 minutes.
5) Remove them from the tray once cooked and place on a wire rack to cool. Mix the icing sugar with a little water and decorate the cookies however you like.Shop our Food & Drink range.