For the vegetable rolls:
- 130g shredded carrots - thinly sliced
- ½ large red bell pepper - thinly sliced
- ½ large yellow bell pepper - thinly sliced
- Cucumbers - thinly sliced
- 450g firm tofu - cut into thin strips
- 75g cups shredded lettuce
- 340g shredded red cabbage
- 1 avocado - cut into thin slices
- 1 packet of Slim Noodles
- 25g fresh herbs (parsley, basil etc)
- Rice paper wrappers
For the peanut sauce:
- 60g smooth peanut butter
- 60ml light coconut milk
- 1 ½ tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts - to garnish
- Add about a third inch of water to a large shallow dish to dip the rice paper wrappers in. Dip one sheet of rice paper wrapper in the water for two seconds and place it on a flat surface.
- Starting with the side closest to you, add the lettuce and shredded red cabbage on top of the rice paper wrapper, leaving an inch of wrapper on the edge to grab ahold of later. This will provide a barrier between the vegetable filling and the delicate rice paper wrappers.
- Next, place the peppers, carrots, tofu and avocado on top of the lettuce and cabbage. Finally add the slim noodles and fresh herbs on top of everything. You should have a stack of the filling piled on top of each other.
- For presentation: if you prefer to see the colourful vegetables through the wrapper, lay them flat on the rice paper wrapper in the centre. As you’re rolling it up, you should be able to see the vegetables through the rice paper.
- Starting from the end closest to you, pick up the inch of wrapper left uncovered and roll it up a quarter of the way.
- Continue rolling until all the filling is rolled into the rice paper wrapper.
- Fold the left and right side of the wrapper towards the centre and continue to roll is all the way up.
- Place the summer roll on a plate and let it sit for 1 minute or until the wrapper is no longer tacky. The surface should still feel soft and pliable but it should not feel sticky since the excess water should be absorbed by now.
- Cut each summer roll crosswise into about 2-inch pieces and arrange them on a plate. Serve with the peanut dipping sauce.
Liked these? They you'll LOVE our Kimchi Poke Bowl recipe
Last updated: 11 May 2021