Enjoy the flavours of chargrilled asparagus with tangy herbs and spices in this healthy rice dish.
Gluten-free | Egg-free | Dairy-free
Nutrients per serving:
- 400g wild rice mix (brown, wild, carmargue)
- 2 bundles asparagus
- 2 bunches spring onions
- Splash Olive oil
- 1 tsp sumac or lemon zest
- Squeeze of lemon *
- Small handful shredded mint
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts *
* Available at Holland & Barrett
Cook the rice according to pack instructions and place in a large bowl.
Trim the asparagus and spring onions and toss with some olive oil to coat. Chargrill or barbeque until charred and tender (a few minutes). Cut into bite-sized pieces and add to the rice.
Add a good squeeze of lemon, the sumac, mint and pine nuts to the rice. Season and mix.
Shop our Food & Drink