If you want to create a cake that’s truly stunning this Christmas, why not bake a delicious chocolate cake and turn it into Father Christmas’ favourite reindeer, Rudolph? It’s perfect for parties and family get togethers.
Our how-to guide is very easy to follow and can be adapted if you’d rather make nine cupcakes with each representing a different reindeer (Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph).
Reindeer cake decoration
- 200g baking chocolate
- Red sugar paste icing
- White sugar paste icing
- Black sugar paste icing
- Chocolate frosting
- 20ml cooled boiled water
- Take a piece of A4 paper and draw two antlers for your template. Place a piece of greaseproof paper on top.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and then carefully fill in the antler shapes using a teaspoon.
- Place a lollipop stick on the bottom third of each antler and leave the chocolate to harden.
- Roll a nose from the red icing and two eyes from the white icing. Cut out two pupils from the black icing and a mouth from the red icing.
- Spread chocolate frosting all over the cake using a palette knife. Carefully peel the antlers from the greaseproof paper and stick into the top of the cake.
- Add the eyes, nose and mouth to the side of the cake using cocktail sticks to hold them in place. To stick the pupils to the eyes, use a few drops of water. Place on a plate and tuck in to your tasty treats!