Looking for a ghoulishly good savoury snack or light lunch this Halloween?
We’ve made gluten-free crackers with poppy seed crackers and coconut flour. Delicious served with cheese for lunch or as a post-dinner bite.
Makes: 25 to 30 crackers
• 180g coconut flour, plus more for rolling out
• 1/2 xanthan gum
• 1 tbsp sea salt
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp honey
• 3 tsp poppy seeds
• 450ml water
1. Preheat the oven to 160C /140C fan.
2. Combine the flour, xanthan gum, sea salt and poppy seeds in a large bowl.
3. In a jug, combine the honey, olive oil and water in a jug, and gradually drizzle this mix into the dry ingredients and bring into a dough. It will be crumbly.
4. Take fist-sized pieces of the dough and roll out between two, floured pieces of baking paper until it reaches a 50p-coin thickness.
5. Use Halloween cookie cutters to stamp out shapes.
6. Carefully transfer each shape onto two baking trays.
7. Transfer the trays to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve with butter, alongside a cheese board with chutney and grapes.
Shop our Food & Drink range.