- Terms & conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. Holland & Barrett
a) "Holland & Barrett" is the trademark or registered trademark of Holland & Barrett Retail Limited and/or our affiliates in the U.K. and in other countries.
b) The material in the Web Site is copyright to Holland & Barrett Retail limited or our content and technology providers. You are welcome to view, print and download the contents of the Web Site for personal use, but not for any commercial purposes or re-publication.
2. Contacting Us
a) Our contact address is:
Holland & Barrett Retail Limited
Samuel Ryder House
You may also contact us by fax on 02476 215497 or by telephone on 0370 606 6606 or alternatively, you can email us
3. Web Site Information
a) We have tried to ensure that information provided in the Web Site is accurate. However, we make no representation and give no warranty of any kind in respect of the information.
b) We do not accept liability for any loss (direct, indirect or consequential) which may arise from reliance on information contained in the Web Site or in respect of any error or omission, except in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
4. Description of Products
a) The description and specification of products in the Web Site is only approximate and we reserve the right to make changes which do not materially affect the quality or performance of those products.
b) We may correct any error appearing in the Web Site or withdraw any product from sale without incurring liability. Price and availability is also subject to change without notice.
5. Ordering Products
a) You may order products from the Web Site by submitting a completed order form through the check-out procedure.
b) We will confirm acceptance of your order by e-mail to the address you have given and the sending of this e-mail (whether or not it is received) makes the contract between us.
6. The Price and Payment
a) The price of the products will be the price quoted in the Web Site at the time we accept your order. The price will include any applicable value added tax, but not the cost of delivery.
b) In addition to the price, you will have to pay our delivery charges as quoted in the Web Site at the time we accept your order - unless you qualify for free delivery. The amount of these charges varies according to the method of delivery and the delivery address you specify in your order.
c) Payment is made by credit card or PayPal at the time we accept your order. (the payment methods we accept are listed in the Web Site at the time you place your order). Refunds will generally be made by means of a credit to your original payment method.
d) Although every care is taken in the quality of content on this site, there may occasionally be an error and items may be mispriced. In this event we will either: contact you to ask if you wish to cancel the order, or simply cancel the order and notify you, at our own discretion. We are under no obligation to supply goods at the incorrect price.
7. Delivery of Products
a) We will arrange for delivery of the products you order by the method and to the address which you specify in the check-out procedure. However, the time for delivery will not be essential to the contract between us.
b) If you do not take delivery of the products or supply adequate delivery instructions, we may cancel your order and retain the products. In this event, we will refund you the price of the products, but you will still be liable to pay any delivery charges.
c) If there is an error or any other delivery problem in respect of the products ordered, you must notify us in writing within 14 days after the delivery date. We will not be liable for any loss or damage if you fail to do this.
8. Cancelling Orders
a) You may cancel your order by notifying us in writing at any time up to 14 days after your products have been delivered. The notification should state your order number and give the reason for cancellation.
b) If you cancel your order after we have despatched the products, then you must return the products to us at the address mentioned above. The products should be returned in a reasonable condition and at your own expense. We recommend the use of a Recorded Delivery Service
c) You can no longer cancel your order once you have opened the product containers or used the products. However, your statutory rights concerning the quality of those products will be unaffected.
a) The products advertised in the Web Site are intended for sale to persons dealing as consumers and are not for re-sale.
b) The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to any contract between us, so that no contractual rights are conferred on third parties.
c) Any contract between us shall incorporate these terms and conditions and be under English law. If there is any dispute, the English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction.
rewards for life
2. All members of the Programme must be resident in the UK and aged 16 years or over.
3. You can register for the Programme in any UK Holland & Barrett store, online and via mail order.
4. The Holland & Barrett rewards for life card, in whatever form, is not transferable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is named and registered for the card. Holland & Barrett rewards for life key fobs may be used by anyone who is resident at the same registered address as the member.
5. Members are only entitled to one Holland & Barrett rewards for life account each. Holland & Barrett reserves the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
6. Your Holland & Barrett rewards for life card is personal to you. We do not issue additional Holland & Barrett rewards for life cards for your account, but your family and friends can of course apply for their own Holland & Barrett rewards for life cards.
7. The Programme is only for personal and consumer use. Holland & Barrett rewards for life cards and key fobs cannot be used for any business transaction or purpose.
8. Holland & Barrett rewards for life cards and key fobs can only be used for purchases from UK Holland & Barrett stores and for purchases made online at www.hollandandbarrett.com or via mail order.
9. Holland & Barrett rewards for life accounts, cards, key fobs, coupons and points cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
10. To receive full membership benefits of the Programme, including reward coupons, members must activate their card online at www.hollandandbarrett.com/signup or via their nearest UK Holland & Barrett store. Members who experience difficulties with this process should call the Holland & Barrett rewards for life helpline on 0370 606 6606.
11. Members must register their personal details and keep Holland & Barrett informed of any changes. Holland & Barrett cannot be held responsible for any loss of points or coupons incurred as a result of out of date details. New cards that are not activated within one year of being received and accounts with out of date details that have not been updated for one year will be removed and any points or coupons forfeited.
12. The safe keeping of Holland & Barrett rewards for life cards, key fobs and coupons remains the responsibility of the rewards for life member, as do any security details relating to the account i.e. username and password. Holland & Barrett cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure the security or safe-keeping of these items.
13. Holland & Barrett may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel Holland & Barrett rewards for life accounts, cards, key fobs, coupons and points, in whatever form, and / or remove a member from the Programme at any time where there is reasonable belief of:
Any abuse or attempted abuse of the Programme; Any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions and / or those relating to the optional elements of the Programme; or any behaviour relating to Holland & Barrett rewards for life or Holland & Barrett that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
14. Members can choose to leave the Programme at any time. By leaving the Programme members forfeit the right to any points or coupons already accrued or issued.
15. Members who do not collect any points for one year will be removed from the Programme and will need to apply for new membership should they wish to rejoin.
16. Members may be able to acquire the points or coupons of a close family member who has died by providing a written request, informing us of the membership details of the deceased.
rewards for life Points
18. The current conversion value of points is one point equals one penny. We will not exchange Holland & Barrett rewards for life points for cash. We may from time to time change the number of points you collect on products and services included in the Programme. We will display notices in stores and at www.hollandandbarrett.com advising members of changes.
19. Holland & Barrett rewards for life points can be earned at UK Holland & Barrett stores and for purchases made online at www.hollandandbarrett.com or via mail order. The current introductory rate of points collected is 4 points for each full £1 of expenditure, after any discounts have been applied. Points will be collected on all purchases over £1.
20. To be awarded points, members must spend £1 or above on qualifying products in a single transaction. During time of point promotions or special offers, the amount of points awarded may change and may vary depending on the products bought, the amount spent and where the transaction takes place.
21. Members must present their Holland & Barrett rewards for life card or key fob at the checkout in order to collect points for a transaction in stores. It may be possible for members who forget to do this at the time of the transaction to have their points added manually at the store, but this cannot be guaranteed if the customer has not activated their card. Upon production of a valid receipt, provided the receipt belongs to the claiming member, relates to their personal expenditure and is produced within 14 days of the original transaction date, it may also be possible to manually add points for a transaction to the member's account. All queries of this nature should be referred to the H&B RFL helpline by calling 0370 606 6606. Points may only be claimed for up to two transactions or receipts per day. Receipts may need to be posted, faxed or emailed and guidance on this will be provided by the H&B RFL Helpline.
22. Members will be required to quote their Holland & Barrett rewards for life card number to collect points on purchases made through any catalogue, phone or online transaction.
23. Certain products may be excluded from the Programme at the discretion of Holland & Barrett from time to time, particularly those which are the subject of other promotional activity.
24. Members can earn a maximum of 30,000 points in any one collection period.
25. During any double points and other events, in store, online or on mail order members will receive the promotional rate of points only. The normal rate of points at that time will not be awarded in addition to the promotional points.
26. Holland & Barrett may set a limit on the number of times points may be awarded for promotional items on which additional points are available. Individual promotions may have different limits as communicated in their purchase conditions. Any participation in promotional offers above and beyond what could objectively be considered consumer behaviour or personal use may be treated as abuse of the Programme.
27. Holland & Barrett is entitled to remove points at any time if products are returned for any reason and a full or partial refund of the purchase price is given. This also applies to the exchange of products, unless the exchange is for products with an equivalent points value.
28. If you fail to present your Holland & Barrett rewards for life card when receiving a refund, we will deduct the points from your Holland & Barrett rewards for life card the next time you present it in stores.
29. When returning goods purchased from www.hollandandbarrett.com, unless you are requesting an exact replacement for your return, any Holland & Barrett rewards for life card points collected on those items will be deducted from your Holland & Barrett rewards for life card.
30. Points have no value until converted into coupons at the end of a collection period.
31. Holland & Barrett is under no obligation to award Holland & Barrett rewards for life points other than for qualifying transactions.
32. Points will be awarded for any shipping / delivery charges incurred for online and direct mail orders.
33. 500 bonus points when you spend £25. Offer ends 10/07/14. A maximum of 500 bonus points will be awarded when you spend £25 or more in a single transaction. The 500 bonus points will be awarded once per transaction and will be available on your next reward coupon. Bonus points will be awarded as an addition to any base points collected on the transaction. Other Rewards for Life Terms & Conditions apply.
rewards for life Coupons
33. Holland & Barrett rewards for life coupons will be sent, with a statement to members who have accumulated total points above the qualifying threshold at the end of each collection period. The current minimum qualifying threshold to receive a coupon is 50 points.
34. Holland & Barrett is under no obligation to send a statement by post.
35. The value of Holland & Barrett rewards for life coupons given by Holland & Barrett will be based on the number of points that a member has collected by the end of the last day of the collection period. Collection periods may vary at Holland & Barrett's discretion.
36. Points values at the end of the collection period will be converted into reward coupons in 50 pence increments. Any points that remain following conversion (because they are either below the qualifying threshold or above the value of the reward coupon) will be 'carried forward' as the starting balance for the next collection period. 'Carried forward' points will expire after one year if the account has not been used within that period.
37. Holland & Barrett rewards for life coupons are valid for 3 months from date of issue and are accompanied by an expiry date, beyond which they cannot be used or reissued. Coupons that are lost or mislaid may be reissued with the original expiry date, provided they have not been redeemed previously. Additional terms and conditions may be found on the back of the coupons.
38. Holland & Barrett may restrict the use of the rewards coupon to selected products and exclude products which may be included in other promotional activity.
39. Each Holland & Barrett rewards for life coupon must be used in full in one transaction and no change will be given. The coupon can be used as part payment towards product(s) of a higher value provided the balance of the payment is covered by another suitable method.
40. If a product you purchase using a rewards coupon is unsatisfactory, please return it to any Holland & Barrett store. If necessary, we will re-credit your account with the correct number of points. No cash refund will be given in these circumstances.
41. Points awarded at the time of a transaction or coupons already issued may be removed or cancelled if Holland & Barrett determines that the points were collected in breach of these terms and conditions or were awarded in error. For the avoidance of doubt, no advice given or action taken by our staff that is contrary to these terms and conditions will have the effect of changing these terms and conditions.
42. The Programme is operated by Holland & Barrett Retail Ltd, Samuel Ryder House, Barling Way, Eliot Park, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 7RH.
43. These terms and conditions are correct as of 1st January 2012 and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes will be decided only by the English courts. Holland & Barrett reserves the right to change these terms and conditions, at any time, for legal, regulatory, business or policy reasons. Members who continue to participate in the Programme following such a change will have accepted the amended terms and conditions.
44. A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provision in these terms and conditions, but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
45. Due to printing lead times, the terms and conditions available in stores may not reflect recent changes. The most up to date terms and conditions for the Programme can be found at on this page or can be provided in writing by contacting the Holland & Barrett rewards for life helpline on 0370 606 6606.
The Anything & Everything Event
Offer is valid 12/06/14 – 10/07/14. Subject to availability. All products are Buy One Get One Half Price online and in-store. Buy two products and get the cheapest half price. We will always give the customer the best deal therefore if multiple purchases are made we will sort the products into descending order and give you every other product at half price.
©2014 Holland & Barrett Retail Limited.