Evening meal recipes using coconut
Keep the coco-vibe going into your evening meals with our healthy and filling coconut dishes.
Meat-free Chicken and Chilli Buckwheat Stir Fry
Health benefits: chilli revs up your metabolism, and buckwheat contains manganese and phosphorus, essential for muscle growth and repair
140g buckwheat noodles
2 meat-free chicken fillets, cubed
200g bean sprouts
1 red pepper
200ml coconut milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
4 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp honey
2tsp chilli flakes
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp garlic granules
Coconut oil for frying
1. Cook the onion in a pan with the coconut oil, garlic, ginger and chilli for 5-10 minutes until browned before adding the rest of the vegetables on a medium heat.
2. Once cooked, set the vegetables aside and brown the meat-free chicken. Return the vegetables to the pan before adding in the coconut milk, peanut butter, honey and soy sauce. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until thickened.
3. Meanwhile prepare your noodles; add them to boiling water and cook on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
4. Serve your meat-free chicken and vegetable dish on the bed of noodles.
For more coconut recipes, try our Lime and Coconut Salmon or Dairy-free Chicken Tikka Masala.
Delicious coconut desserts
There’s more to coconut desserts than sickly chocolate bars – it’s time to find a new favourite.
Gluten-free Coconut Macaroons
Health benefits: coconut nectar contains zinc, calcium, potassium and inulin, a fibre that slows absorption
Makes: 12 macaroons
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/150Fan/Gas 3. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
2. Whisk the egg whites until foamy, add the cream of tartar then whisk again until mixture forms soft peaks. Add the coconut nectar a spoonful at a time and whisk until you have a smooth glossy meringue.
3. Fold in the ground almonds and desiccated coconut.
4. Mound 12 spoonfuls of the mixture evenly onto the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, until just beginning to take on a golden colour.
5. Drizzle with melted non-dairy chocolate alternative and serve.
For more coconut dessert recipes, see our Chocolate Avocado Ice cream or Light Blueberry Cheesecake.
For our coconut snacks, try out our Coconut Popped Corn.
Shop our range of Food & Drink.