Coconut-rich snack recipes
Fancy something sweet or savoury? Try our coconut snack recipes for a little taste of both.
Coconut Popped Corn
Health benefit: coconut oil doesn’t form unhealthy free radicals on heating so it’s a safer choice for high temperature cooking
100g popping corn kernels
2 tbsp coconut oil
Sea salt and/or black pepper to flavour
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan. When it’s at the right temperature (check by adding just two kernels to the pan), cook the corn according to the instructions on the pack.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and a little more melted coconut oil if wished.
Health benefit: agave nectar cuts down the sugar content, while dried fruit and coconut oil boost the nutritional value
Makes: 12 flapjacks
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4, grease and line a 30cm x 23cm tray bake tin with baking parchment.
2. In a pan, gently heat the agave nectar and coconut oil until melted. Put into a food processor with the prunes or dates and whizz into a sticky paste.
3. Put into a bowl and stir in the other ingredients until combined. Spoon into the tin, and flatten with a spoon.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Leave for 5 minutes, then score into 12 pieces. Turn out when cold.
Want more coconut treats?
Shop our Food & Drink range.