Suitable for Gluten-free & Dairy-free
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 1 hour
Nutrients per serving:
- 1 tbsp spray oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 400g pumpkin, peeled and cubed (or butternut squash if preferred)
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ tsp chilli flakes *
- ¼ tsp cumin *
- 800ml gluten-free stock *
- 160ml coconut milk *
* Available at Holland & Barrett
- 12-14 small sage leaves
- 2 chillies, finely diced
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large saucepan and add the onion; cook for 4-5 minutes until soft.
Add the pumpkin, parsnip, potato and garlic and turn up the heat. Cook over a high heat until golden. Add the chilli flakes and cumin, then pour in the stock. Simmer for 45 minutes or until soft.
Season the soup and then blitz with a hand blender until smooth. Stir in the coconut milk.
Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil and sizzle the sage leaves until crisp. Serve the soup with sage and chilli on top.