Vitamin C32 products
See what Vitamin C can do for you!
Recommended levels of vitamin C in the body support a fully-functioning immune system, healthy skin and strong blood vessels.
Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system as well as normal energy yielding metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. This useful vitamin also supports the normal formation of collagen for the maintenance of health for bones, cartilage, gums, teeth and skin.
Stocking-up on your vitamin C supplements couldn’t be easier at Holland & Barrett. Check out our vitamin C caplets and chewable vitamin C tablets, to easy-to-take vitamin C effervescent tablets and vitamin C powder
What is vitamin C?
Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid and can be found in many types of fruits (particularly citrus-based ones) and vegetables. It’s an essential vitamin that helps keep your body functioning as it should.
Vitamin C can’t be stored or made in the body, so a daily diet of fruit and vegetables is needed. If you’re worried that you’re not getting enough vitamin C in your daily diet, you could benefit from a vitamin C supplement.
What are the benefits of vitamin C?
Healthy levels of the powerful antioxidant vitamin C in the body carries the following benefits:
- Vitamin C supports normal energy yielding metabolism: the way our bodies process foods and drinks we consume and how it absorbs nutrients and energy from them is very important and vitamin C supports this function.
- Vitamin C contributes to normal psychological function
- Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system: the immune system plays a big part in lots of bodily processes, from the way we move to the way we think, and vitamin C is essential to keep it in good condition.
- Vitamin C also supports the normal formation of collagen: collagen is essential for the maintenance of health for bones, cartilage, gums, teeth and skin and vitamin C helps the body make collagen.
- Vitamin C can contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue: feeling tired for no good reason can really hinder everyday life and activities. Vitamin C helps your body to stave off fatigue and tiredness.
- Vitamin C helps with the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
Vitamin C foods
The famous Vitamin C VIPs - oranges and citrus fruits - aren’t the only foods high in vitamin C.
Here’s a list of the most vitamin C-rich foods:
- Kakadu plum – 100 x more vitamin C than an orange!
- Acerola cherries
- Rose hips
- Chilli peppers
- Sweet yellow peppers
- Mustard spinach
- Brussels sprouts
- American persimmons
At Holland & Barrett, we have all sorts of vitamin C products from chewable vitamin C tablets to vitamin C caplets and vitamin C powder – have a look and see which one would suit you and your lifestyle best!
- of 32 products