Suitable for Vegetarians, Gluten Free, Vegans (if egg removed)
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Nutrients per serving:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shredded leek
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- ¼ tsp Vital Ingredient Paprika
- 400g Mr Organic Italian Organic Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Buckwud 100% Pure Organic Maple Syrup
- 400g Mr Organic Organic Butter Beans (rinsed & drained)
- 2 slices Everfresh Sprouted Rye Bread
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 10 shredded basil leaves
- 2 large eggs (if preparing non-vegan option)
After heating up oil in a pan, sauté the leek over a low-medium heat for 5 minutes. Sauté until soft.
Follow with garlic and paprika to add flavour, then leave to cook for a further 5 minutes.
Next, add your syrup and any seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes, before adding the beans to cook for a further 10 minutes.
If you would prefer to prepare a vegan option, you can skip this step. Poach the eggs in a pan of water.
Toast your bread, remove the beans from the heat stir in the soured cream.
Place the beans on top of the toast, topping with an egg if you wish