Made using Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg, they not only taste great but they give you an energy boost and count towards your 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
Nutrients per serving:
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
- 75ml almond milk, chilled
- 110g vegan butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 210g gluten free all purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- 85g organic crystallised coconut nectar
- 200g unsweetened apple puree
- 160g cranberry nut crunch (cranberries, macadamias and almonds)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and lightly oil an 8" x 8" square pan.
In a mixing bowl, combine the all purpose flour with the salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Leave to one side.
In another bowl, mix the Vegan Egg with the almond milk before adding the butter and sugar.
Whisk and add the apple puree, vanilla extract and orange extract. You want the mixture to be as light and fluffy as possible.
Pour in the dry ingredients that you kept to one side. Blend together until you have a smooth batter.
Mix in the cranberry nut crunch.
Pour the mixture into the square pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack before slicing into individual bars. Store in an airtight container.