Nutrients per serving:
- 380g cups cooked red and wild rice mix
- 500g mixed veg (spinach leaves, broccoli florets, edamame beans, red bell peppers)
- 2 tsp sesame oil * divided
- 190g chickpeas
- 450g firm tofu * pressed and drained
For the peanut sauce:
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil *
- 4 tbsp Tamari soy sauce *
- 4 tbsp maple syrup *
- 2 tsp hot garlic sauce
- 60g peanut butter *
* Available at Holland & Barrett
Drain tofu and cut into 1 inch cubes.
Cook rice according to package instructions.
Whisk together the sauce ingredients (sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, hot garlic sauce, and peanut butter) until smooth. Add ½ of the sauce to the tofu and marinate in a bowl while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
Wash and chop your veg and toss in a pan or wok, with 2 teaspoons sesame oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Pan fry for 10 minutes, until tender. Add spinach 1 minute before removing from heat. Leave to cool veg on the side.
Heat a little more sesame oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add tofu in batches, with the marinating sauce until tofu is crispy and golden browned (around 10 minutes).
Divide the rice among 4 bowls or lunch boxes, top with your veg, followed by a few pieces of tofu. Drizzle with the remaining peanut sauce.