Suitable for Nut-free | Vegetarian
Nutrients per serving:
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 4 parsnips, peeled
- Olive oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC (fan 180oC).
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into equal-sized wedges and halve the carrots and parsnips lengthways.
3. Place in a large baking tray in a single layer, or spread them over 2 trays.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup and sprinkle over the paprika and cayenne pepper.
5. Toss everything together, then tuck the rosemary into the veg and season to taste.
6. Roast for 60 minutes, turning once or twice in that time.
7. When they’re finished cooking, the veg should be golden and sticky, with edges that are slightly crisp…delicious!Adapted from Deliciously Ella with Friends, by kind permission of Ella Mills. Discover more delicious meals and snacks in Ella’s book Deliciously Ella with Friends, available on Amazon.