This speedy version of the classic Japanese noodle soup makes a delicious everyday dinner or warming lunch - and it's low in fat and calories too
Suitable for Dairy-free | Vegetarian
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Nutrients per serving:
- 200g tofu * cut into slices
- 15ml dark soy sauce *
- 1 litre vegetable stock *
- 3-4 ginger slices, unpeeled
- A pinch of chilli flakes *
- 1 tbsp miso paste *
- 100g soba * or ramen noodles
- 1 head of choi sum or pak choi
- 2 tsp sesame oil *
- 25g beansprouts
- 2 eggs, soft boiled and halved
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced 1 small handful of coriander
Marinate the tofu in the dark soy sauce for at least 15 minutes.
Heat the vegetable stock with the ginger, chilli flakes and miso paste. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the ginger and cook the noodles in the broth according to the packet instructions. Two minutes before the end of cooking, add in the pak choi leaves.
Fry the tofu in one tsp of the sesame oil until crisp.
Divide the broth with noodles and pak choi between two bowls and then top with the remaining ingredients and a little sesame oil.