A tasty veggie version of the family favourite.
Vegetarians | Gluten-free
Nutrients per serving:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 250g ready to eat lentils *
- 1x400ml tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano * chopped
- 150ml red wine
- 300g gluten free spaghetti *
- Parmesan (or alternative) and basil leaves to serve
* Available at Holland & Barrett
In a large frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onion, carrot and celery on low until soft.
Add in the garlic and tomato puree and turn the heat to medium and fry until the vegetables are starting to go golden.
Add in the puy lentils, oregano and chopped tomatoes and mix well. Add in the red wine and seasoning, bring to the boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to the packet instructions and then serve with the bolognese. Top with parmesan shavings and basil leaves.