These crunchy biscuits are a festive twist on a simple cookie recipe, using gentle amounts of Christmas spices. They are so easy to make, even the youngest members of the family will love helping you decorate them – and eating them!
- Icing sugar
- Green and red food colouring
- Edible silver balls
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon. Sift in the flour, add the spices, and combine into a dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from the cool and roll it out on a floured surface. Cut into Christmas shapes using a tree, star, bell or holly lead cutter.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake at 190˚C for 10-12 minutes. Cool in the tray before transferring to a wire rack.
- Make the icing by mixing icing sugar with a bit of water. Divide the mix into three bowls, adding red colouring to one, green to another, and leaving the final one plain white.
- Decorate the cookies with coloured icing and silver balls
Shop our Food & Drink range.