Kick start your day with these festive cinnamon spiced pancakes! Perfect for the whole family, these breakfast treats are made with coconut flour making them completely gluten-free. While the warming cinnamon makes them taste especially festive at Christmas time, they are also a great snack or meal idea for the rest of the year too. We’ve given them a healthy spin with a topping of delicious banana and blueberries.
You will need:
- 70g coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. caster sugar
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 120ml milk
- 6 tbsp. melted butter, plus 1 tbsp. for cooking
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 100g blueberries
- 50ml maple syrup
How to make them:
- Mix the eggs and milk in a jug. Combine the coconut flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Gradually whisk the egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Whisk in the melted butter until everything is combined.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a large frying pan. In batches, spoon 2 tbsp of pancake mixture into the frying pan. Make sure you give each pancake plenty of space to spread.
- Cook each pancake on a low heat for 4-5 minutes or until the base is firm before flipping. Cook them for a further 2-3 minutes on the other side until they have risen.
- Keep the cooked pancakes warm on a hot plate while you finish making all of them. Serve them in a pile topped with sliced banana, blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
For a more decadent treat, add a sprinkle of cinnamon, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and a handful of crushed hazelnuts, or go with your own festive favourites.
Shop our Food & Drink range.